Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This time’s theme is“Most Anticipated Releases for the First Half of 2019”.
I think it is a common problem among readers to find oneself drowning in one’s own TBR and still be excited about new releases that one has to read before they go to the TBR pile. 2018 has come and gone, and now we are left with a year full of possibilities, but most importantly, with many new beautiful books to read. Here is a list of my most anticipated releases for the first half of 2019!
1. The Wicked King by Holly Black (January 9, 2019) I enjoyed The Cruel Prince when it came out. Even though it had a bit too much teenage drama for me, I loved the darkness in it. Holly Black is so good at creating a dark atmosphere around her world and characters, and that was my favorite part. I got a copy of The Cruel Prince relatively late, so this time I got the Owlcrate subscription box of The Wicked King so that I would get it sooner. I already got it, and I can’t wait to read it!
2. King of Scars by Leigh Bardug (January 29, 2019) So, here’s a confession: I still haven’t read anything by Leigh Bardugo. I figured though that the best way to get myself compelled to start would be with a new release to get me into the hype. I think this book has some of the characters from the Grisha Trilogy so I will try and read that as soon as possible so that I can read King of Scars soon after it comes out
3. Two Can Keep a Secret by Karen M. McManus (Jan 8, 2019) I loved One of Us is Lying when I first read it, so this book made me so happy when I found out it was coming out. It’s already available and I’ll get it from Kindle soon.
4. Stain by A.G. Howard (January 15, 2019) I was browsing through Barnes and Noble’s January releases when I saw this book for the first time. I must say what drew me to it was the astonishingly beautiful cover. I think the cover is just so pretty and striking it has gotten me hyped to read the book.
5. Finale by Stephanie Garber (May 7, 2019) Man, am I excited for this book. I didn’t enjoy Legendary as much as I enjoyed Caraval, but I still think this is an awesome story and I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy of Finale, which I already know is going to be a great ending to this beautiful trilogy.
6. Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly (May 28, 2019) I will be honest, the only reason why I even read the plot of this book is that it’s being released on my birthday. I love receiving books as gifts so I’m looking forward to receiving it that day.
7. The Beholder by Anna Bright (June 4, 2019) I loved everything about this book. The cover is fantastic, and the plot, the main character having to cross the Atlantic, seems something that I will enjoy. I will definitely be looking forward to June for this book.
Other books I’m excited for:
So there you have it, my most anticipated releases for the first half of 2019. What about you? Are you looking forward to reading any of these? Do you have some other ones you think I should be looking forward to? Let me know!